The clocks have changed, the day’s feel shorter and the weather colder; it’s officially winter and more important than ever to take care of your skin.
With so many skincare products on the market deciding what to use can be tough, the key is creating all round protection for your skin, from your head to your toes. We’ve put together our top 5 tips for protecting your skin this season, because the arrival of colder days doesn’t have to mean the arrival of dry skin and chapped lips.
Make the switch from oily cleansers to hydrating moisturisers; using an effective moisturiser over winter is the key to keeping your skin looking healthy.
- Boots, Benefit B.Right! Total Moisture Moisturiser 48.2g £29.50 // 2. Debenhams, Fashion Fair ‘Extra Rich’ Moisturising Cream 47g £30
Always have hand cream in your handbag. Your hands will be the first to feel the sudden change in temperature, keep them protected with a quality hand cream.
- Boots, Aveeno Hand Cream 75ml £5.49 // 2. Boots, Hand Chemistry Extreme Hydration Concentrate 100ml £19.99
Prime yourself for the cold weather with a hydrating primer. Help protect your skin drying up in the cold weather and avoid flaky foundation with a good primer.
- Debenhams, Kat Von D ‘Lock It’ Hydrating Face Primer 30ml £24 // 2. Boots, Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer 30ml £28
When the weather is cold it is tempting to turn up the water temperature in the bath and shower – but hot water dehydrates the skin. That’s why it’s important to put back the moisture the hot water can take away.
- Boots, Burt’s Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil 115ml £6.66 // 2. Debenhams, Rituals ‘Yogi Delgiht’ shower oil 200ml, £8.50
Lastly don’t forget your lips… Chapped lips don’t have to be part of your winter wardrobe, keep your lips kissable this winter with a nourishing lip balm.
- Debenhams, Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Colour Balm 2g £17.50 // 2. Debenhams, Elizabeth Arden ‘Eight Hour Cream’ Intensive Lip Repair Balm 15ml £20